The Phoenix Project (online)
This simulation is targeted at all roles and employees in Business, IT Development and
IT Operations who want to apply Lean, Agile and ITSM principles to improve the
performance of their IT Services or to create more value out of their IT Solutions.
This simulation is for organisations who want to develop their culture to achieve better
collaboration and as a result, faster and error-free deployment of new IT Solutions.
The simulation can be used for:
- Awareness programs
- Assessment sessions
- Team building
- How to apply DevOps principles in a real life situation?
- How to find the right balance between delivering your SLA requirements and your
- IT Projects according to plan?
- How to experience how DevOps can bring serious value to your business?
- How to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your IT Department?
- How to create better flow in your teams?
- How to develop people’s skills to act in a DevOps environment?
- How to show business their responsibilities in making IT Projects more successful?
People are often sent on training courses to gain knowledge of particular subjects. Usually, people are given the theory in traditional classroom courses or e-learning modules and are then left to gain the experience in a real life, often mission critical, environment, without guidance or support; then people complain that the best practice is no good, whereas a lot of the problems are associated with our inability to translate the theory into practice, and not understanding how to apply it.
A business simulation game is a form of experiential learning, or learning-by-doing. People learn, in a number of game rounds, to translate theory into practice. They learn how to use the theory to achieve measurable results.
Does this mean that they need to have attended a training course first? No, not at all. By attending a business simulation with no preconceptions of the theory of “how to do it”, people learn as much as those who have attended training. Sometimes more.
Are business simulation games only for IT? Again, no. Business simulation workshops like "The Phoenix Project", allow those from the wider business to experience what IT experiences and learn how to build a closer working relationship with IT in a “safe” environment where everyone can try and fail, or try and succeed, without a business impact.